Video has become a must have weapon of the PR armoury. From showreels to event filming; mood reels to video news releases, there are now plenty of ways that a video production can help you and your clients stand out from the crowd.
Here are 10 ways that you can use a video production in PR:
1. Bolstering an online press release
Assuming a press release is genuinely newsworthy; adding video to the package increases its impact and widens opportunities for exposure. Here’s how:
* Video that’s clearly aligned to the story of the press release can reinforce core messages in an engaging way.
* Video is easy to share – blogs, micro-blogs, forums and viral emails spread information and create a buzz about a story.
* Video attracts attention from search engines, especially when supported by a keyword-rich title and a paragraph about its content.
2. Creating a VNR – video news release
A Video News Release is a press release in a video format. Usually running 90-seconds, it’s distributed to television stations for airing in news programs. Quality content, striking footage, strong interviews and powerful sound bites are a must. A VNR is worthwhile if you have a launch, event or new research findings to publicize. The key is that the story must be newsworthy enough for inclusion in television news bulletins.
Program editors sniff out shameless publicity stunts a mile off, so there must be a very strong ‘hook’ that passes the “So What?” test.
3. A promotional tool on your website or blog
Alert clients & new business prospects to new video content on your website or blog. There are myriad ways in which you can use it as a tool to showcase your credentials as an effective, creative PR business; or to create a personality for your brand that reassures prospective clients that you’re a good bunch:
* Upload a show reel of recent, impressive campaigns.
* Conduct short interviews to introduce key personnel.
* Create a video tour of your company office.